Saturday, October 4, 2008

So Close Yet So Far!


David and I wrote and presented two separate offers on the same home over the last few weeks. It is a foreclosed home and the amount that is owed on the loan is far more than it is currently worth.

We obviously offered what it is now worth and the banks just feel they can not lose that much money. The people making decision are out in the East somewhere. They have never seen the home, the condition it is in, the area or the surrounding homes.

The only communication the listing agent has had with these bankers is via e-mail. This agent is even frustrated that they did not accept our offer since it was a good and fair offer.

I am not mad, angry, or sad. I can not even say I am much frustrated. I am a wee bit disappointed but also a wee bit relieved. Mostly I am just numb.

I had wished to be in a home by the start of all the upcoming holidays. I am a bit startled (if startle is the right word?) I will still be in this little two bedroom one bath apartment for the second holidays in a row.

I do feel like a loser that we still have not bought a home. I can just imagine the thoughts of all our aquaintances. Those who know us but don't really know us or why we have not bought a home. I am sure they all think financially we are in ruins. That we are destitude and can not afford a home. That it is all a facade that we are house hunting.

I don't entirely care what people think. I trust God and that is all that matters. I just wish I knew what His plan for us was however He will tell me when I need to know. In the meantime I must trust Him.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Julie, I'm sorry to hear about the house not working out. I can only imagine the frustration you feel. But I don't think people are judging you as harshly as you might imagine.

All those who know you and your family know what good people you are. I for one will be sad when you move out of your apartment because it will be a big loss for our ward. But I do wish you luck in finding the home that will house such a wonderful family!

Janell said...

SO so sorry - maybe this home will be yours one way or another. I hope you find your perfect home soon!! love ya!

Wonder Woman said...

This has got to be tough for you. Looking for/buying a home is always so stressful, and now things are so much worse. I hope that you can find a home sooon!

And I remember that you've struggled a bit in your ward. But it sounds like you have at least one friend there, and I'll bet that most people in the ward are like her, and just haven't been able to get to know you very well. Unfortunately, serving in Primary renting and renting an apartment are factors working against you. It's completely unfair, but true. Especially in Utah, I've found.

I really hope you can find a home soon and start setting down some roots.

Cynthia said...

Short sales are hard to get to close. My sister is in the process of trying to get one right now.

You'll find the 'right' house and when you do, you'll know exactly why it's taken so long to find it. Good luck!

chelle said...

I am so sorry about this. I hope your home is just around the corner. m

julie said...

You are all so kind. I know it will happen in the Lord's time. It is funny how the Lord's time is sometimes our own time and sometimes not even close. This has been a powerful lesson of patience.

I try to remind myself He is in charge and when timing is best it will happen. I try not to stress about the economy, the fear of inflation, the fear of interest rates going up etc.

In conference someone said where there is fear there is no faith. Or something like that. That struck me hard. I do not ever want to be faithless. I must not allow myself to fear but to completely trust God!!!

Thank you for your concern!