Sunday, August 24, 2008

OOOOUUCH!!! But we did it!!!



After two and a half years of running almost daily (never on Sunday of course and only on Saturdays when training for an event demanded it), I FINALLY fullfilled my goal of running a half marathon.

My good good good friend Nikki, signed up for Top of Utah and talked me into it. It was really challenging, especially with my kids' summer. After some insane moments and positive peer pressure I did it. Thanks Nikki, David, my kids and many others of you, without your help it would not have happen.

The best part of this race is that I NEVER HAVE TO DO ANOTHER HALF MARATHON AGAIN, if I don't want to. I can check this goal off my list.

The picture up and to the left is my sprint to the finish line. As I was running as fast as I could to the finish line, I heard a man say, "WOW!" That was the coolest and most gratifying thing I heard from all the spectators except my family of course.
This is Nikki and me after our race. Was that ever a sweet moment. So glad I did it and even gladder (OK so it may not be a word, I'm using it!) that it is over.

OOH, where is my Ben Gay?


7 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

AWESOME!!! I am SSOOOO impressed!!! After reading yours, and Mechelle's and Merrianne's blog, I'm starting to feel like *I* should run a marathon!! (Crazy talk for me.)

But I am so proud of you! I can only imagine the hard work and dedication it took. Way to go. Glad you scratched something off your bucket list.

Heidi said...

Way to go Julie!

chelle said...

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! You are out running me these days. AND I LOVE IT! M

Janell said...

congrats - so very impressed with this - way to go you!!!! you are in charge of running all the half marathons for our family. Ok, you and Mechelle =)!!!! This is awesome and I feel Grandma smiling in heaven telling everyone how her granddaughter came in first place!!!!

Redhoodoos said...

YAY!! Good for you! I'm am so proud of you. This is something I've always wanted to do. I"m just walking now - but I hope to eventually work up to running in a race. Awesome!

Shauna said...

Very, very impressive! I will live vicariously through you because I have absolutely no desire to run down the street let alone a half marathon.

Way to go! Now go eat some chocolate!

Jenn said...

You are amazing! I'm pretty sure I'll never run a marathon, but I'm so glad that you accomplished this goal it is awesome!