Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Sunday Thought

This week as we were reading in Alma, we read when Alma talks to Corianton his son. These are beautiful passages of scriptures. They discuss the Lord's Plan of Salvation, the atonement, the resurrection and then some. What a comfort it is that the Lord has provided a way home for us. A means that we can find peace in this life. I am overwhelmed by his generosity to me.

We had many discussions through out these passages. One was of the forbidden fruit and the Tree of life. I had one child that thought some of the actions done at this time was foolish. David asked if this was building faith and this child was quickly humbled.

I, then said that God's ways are not our ways. His knowledge and understanding is beyond ours. That we can not even begin to understand what he knows. That we must learn to trust Him and have faith in Him. That everything he does is for our good and although it does not make sense to us or seem logical that we can know it is for the best.

There was such a sweet spirit there and it reminded me of who really is in charge. I feel that my trial are lighter just knowing who God is, what He does for me and that He loves me. One of my favorite quotes is something President Benson said,

"Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar His face is ..."

My love for my Heavenly Father has soared over the pass few years. To know that He is the greatest and most powerful being in the universe and yet He wants me to pray to Him is almost more than I can comprehend.

There really are no words that can express my deep feelings for Him. I love and cherish Him and am eternally grateful to Him. This will have to suffice.

5 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Thank you so much for this. What a sweet teaching moment and testimony. Those are the moments that stick with kids. Not just reading the scriptures, but discussing them, what they mean.

And I love the picture.

julie said...

Love those precious teaching moments!

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony Julie. I appreciate your words and am so glad you are in Primary with my kids!

chelle said...

Way to go Idaho! I know you don't live in Idaho anymore, but loved this post. You are the best. m

Jen said...

A very touching testimony, thank you for sharing it with us.
I've never heard that quote before. It had never occured to me that would happen, but I know it's true. I'm going to sit in that thought for a while, thank you for sharing that too.