Saturday, October 4, 2008

Power of Prayer

This is from my sister, Mechelle's blog. Wanted to pass this on!
During WWII, there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every night at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace.

This had an amazing effect as bombing stopped. There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America . The United States of America needs prayer more than ever.

Join us by spending one minute in group prayer for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, for peace in the world, for wisdom and courage for our leaders, the up-coming election and that our hearts will turn to God.

Eastern Time 9:00 pm
Central 8:00 pm
Mountain 7:00 pm
Pacific 6:00 pm

What will you be doing at the appointed time in your neck of the woods tonight?!

3 comments:

Janell said...

So glad to read this - will do!!

Jenn said...

I've been so bad about blogging lately, I am sorry not to have checked up on you more!! You guys will find a house when the time is right, I'm so glad you are faith-filled people, because you know it will work out, it will. Wasn't there a talk about that today that the blessings will be one hundred fold if we endure our trials well? Something along those lines. We love you and you are not losers!!! ;) I feel that way too sometimes, but then I look around at the people that live around me and really have settled to let their life be the way it is, and then I realize how much of a non-loser I am!! You're a great mom, a great wife, a great sister, and you guys are really well off financially, I could only hope to be doing as well as you guys when we're in that stage of life. You guys are awesome, and great things come to those who wait!! Love you!

chelle said...

Thanks for passing this on. m