Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An April Fools Day memory!




What I am really trying to do is avoid cleaning. I have been ill for 6 days and finally have energy to tackle the ant smorgasbord in my kitchen! YUCKO! How can we humans be so disgusting?


I'm digressing. So as I was scrubbing my tables and chairs (I don't want us to be stuck to our chairs after eating, UGH)! Thinking about the funny April Fools Day jokes from the previous post, when I suddenly remember Bruce McKinney.

Bruce was a classmate that I adored. Not in a romantic sense but in a great pal sense. He was funny, no hilarious! Like I have said, if you can make me laugh I will adore you forever and ever! I will never forget this April Fools day way back in high school.

Bruce came to school prepared. Not with school work but far more important. He had April Fools Day jokes and notepad. His goal was to see how many people he could fool that day and kept an accountant accurate tally of each fooling.

I overheard him telling Greg Turner that he was moving at the end of the school year. I, loving him so, said, "No Bruce you can not move." His eyes lite up like a Christmas Tree, and with complete joy exclaimed, "ALRIGHT!!! I get to count two for this joke!!!" He quickly added two tallies to his notepad.

I was just thankful that he did not play the "hard boiled egg" April Fools Day joke on me. I don't remember the poor soul who got that one. Bruce, after all these years you are still one of my favorite classmates!

4 comments:

chelle said...

He does sound funny. Love people that can make me laugh! M

Jen said...

Hee hee, that sounds like he might be related to my sisters.
I've only played one good joke and that was on my husband a few years ago. He works nights and I drove up to his work in the night and put on the back of his suburban a big poster with baloons and streamers and the poster said, "Honk, I've been April Fooled!"
The next morning after work he had some errands to do and all the while people were honking at him. He had his dad with him and they stopped at a hardware store where one guy followed them around the parking lot honking.. turns out it was a friend from our son's karate class! Hahaha! I got him good :)

julie said...

Mechelle- You would love Bruce, he is funny! Not quite like Ed Mause but close!

Jen- That is a great joke! Love it. How did your hubby react?

Jen said...

I love how you comment to comments!I'm too lazy.
He was embarassed, but he was a good sport and laughed about it.