Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Now it is Ross's turn!

Last week it was Bryce's week to be sick. Now it is Ross's turn. At least I know what to expect. High fever, running nose, dry dry dry lips, lathargic, and achey for what, four days and then two more days of larthargic and slight aches before back to a weakened normal condition. The whole time having zero appetite.

In this condition, they do not sleep well. It is a restless sleep and Ross tends to talk in his sleep which wakes him. Yesterday he said in his sleep, "Red Slug Bug." Immediately his eyes shot open and he looked around surprised.

I smiled at him and said, "Did you see a red Herbie car?"
He said, "No, my imagination did."
I said, "You have a great imagination!"

Today, he was singing softly in his sleep, so that he did not wake up. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!"
I hope that he is the last one to suffer from this horrible bug. Otherwise we will not be able to go to Grandma's and Grandpa's place for spring break. We have not been for over a year. Every time we make plans to visit, we are unable to go due to other visitors.





Even this summer plans were disrupted. We thought that spring break is a good time to go since most people have spring breaks at different time. We would all be heartbroken to not be able to go next week. It might be another year before we get another chance to go.




I am also hopeful to get there and see Tesher, our dog that my parents 'stole' from me, before he dies. He could go any day. He is a Greyhound and is 13, almost 14.



He lived with us for 5 years until we moved to Arizona and could not take him since we were moving to an apartment until we could buy a home. Mom and Dad generously took him 'temporarily' until we found a home. Once we had a home we got Tesher back. However Tesher missed the 50+ acres of freedom on a horse ranch. Our little 1/4 acre lot was miserable not to mention the horrible heat of Phoenix.

Finally, I could not take it any longer and called Mom. "Mom, Tesher is homesick." Mom exclaimed, "Good, I miss him so much." Ever since they have had him and he has had a good good good life.
We have also lost our last dog to the horse ranch. Lexy, a Manchester Terrier, went to liv
e with them in our last move. They have now had Lexy as long as we had her and Dad is "in love."

They are inseparable. She helps him feed and muck the horses, fix fence, and with all his business affairs. The writing is on the walls and I will not even bother asking for her back.

No matter the amount of love we give our pooches. We are no match to the beauties and freedoms of the horse ranch. Not to mention the unlimited table scrabs and doggie adoration from one and all there.

We hope to find a home soon, where we will never have to move from again. Then get a dog that will never see the horse ranch, not even for a visit! That way, we hope to be able to keep the pup for the duration of the dog's life. Here is to dreaming!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Aw, we hope everyone gets feeling better too, so we can enjoy the pleasure of your company! I can't believe Tesh is that old! He is such a good dog. Hope to see you soon! Bug free, that is! :) I know Grandma and Grandpa would really love to see you guys too.

julie said...

I made a mistake Tesher is 14 almost 15. I realized that late last night! Unbelievable! I KNOW Greyhounds usually do not live that long but when a dog lives in condition such as his a dog is not in a hurry to leave it!

I thought about writing about your grandparents when I wrote this blog but felt I should not. Of course they are an even bigger priority than the dogs! No question about that. I hope you were not offended?

Good news, Ross's fever broke during the night last night. I was hoping it would. We just need to get David well and keep Pierce bug free. I hope to see you Thursday night!

chelle said...

Love this post. Sorry about Ross. Is he better this morning? Love the photo of Tesh. Love Tesh. My dogs would be jeoulous if they knew about mom's and dad's ranch. They would want to live there as well. Cute comment on my blog about that great book you are reading! I would like to barrow it after you. M

julie said...

YES! Ross is alive again today. yesterday all he did was sleep feverishly on the couch. Today he is coloring, taking a bath for an hour playing the whole time, and eating food again! Yeah!

The bad news is that I am not getting my reading time like I did yesterday. It is killing me to not be able to read about "Tips for Bicyclist!"

chelle said...

Red Slug Bug! GO Ross! We can't wait to see you. Holden

chelle said...

HI Julie, R U taking your drivers test soon? Just a guess. What dates are we taken the boys? m

julie said...

Theoretically tomorrow! I might wait until spring break is over though! We will see if I can get through this thriller in time?

I need to check the dates myself!