Friday, July 25, 2008

Pierce, The Man!

I want my kids to swim, I mean REALLY swim! I had swimming lessons a few times as a kid, plus I grew up with a swimming pool but I would not call myself a swimmer.


A running partner gave me this great advice. The best and only way your kids will REALLY learn to swim is to put them on the swim team. Here in Springville, there is the UV Rays swim team and they have a swim camp during the months of June and July. I signed Bryce and Pierce up.
They swim so well now! Not only that but they are in great physical shape and did I mention anything about confidence. I love it. I want them to continue through the entire year. I would love my kids to be on the swim team at school! Such a great sport that they will actually use the rest of their lives.

Wednesday was the last day of swim camp. It was a mock swim meet. Bryce and Pierce's favorite stroke is the Breast Stroke. Bryce was unable to participate since he is at BSA camp this week. However Pierce swam the Breast stroke in the 25 and 100. He is a fast little cookie!
GREAT JOB PIERCE!

6 comments:

Janell said...

That is such an awesome idea - what age do kids start doing swim team? How great for them to be doing something physical that they enjoy - yay for you guys!

Redhoodoos said...

That's soo good that you are getting them into sports at such a young age. Good for them! They look like great swimmers.

chelle said...

Great Job Pierce! U Da Man..... m

Anonymous said...

Great job Pierce. You are in great condition! Keep going. Corbin

julie said...

Thanks for the encouragement. You can never get too much of that! Or at least I never have yet.

Jenn said...

what a great thing to do! I wish I remembered all my swimming lessons, I took them but never learned to dive, or the really cool strokes, I think I only took them for 2 summers in Alta. Good job Pierce!