Monday, July 21, 2008

Pierce, who are you?



A week or so ago, Pierce came up to me with a pensive look on his face and asked...

"Mom, if someone is pregnant and that baby dies before it is born, will the baby go to another family?" I paused, wondering how this thought came into the head of a 10 year old boy.

In response I said, "Some may go to another family and some probably have to be patient until that particular family will get another chance to get them. I lost a baby and I am pretty sure that baby went to another home." In fact during a blessing I received at the time I was losing this baby, the holy ghost whispered to me this child was going to another home.

That baby I lost would be almost 2 years old right now. In my heart she was a girl but I was not pregnant with her long enough to know for sure. I hope someday to meet her/him.

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

-exhale- That's some pretty deep thinking for a little boy, and some pretty quick thinking on your part. I guess honesty is the best answer, though, huh? I'm glad that you were able to find peace and have that special knowledge when you miscarried. That comfort must have been a great blessing when you were ready for it. I'm sure you will get to meet that child.

chelle said...

What made him ask that question? I am sorry you lost her. Maybe someday.... m

Jenn said...

I never knew that you went through that, and I'm really sorry. Thank you for sharing something so personal. Isn't it great to know that Heavenly Father always makes it up to us? You still may get your girl in this life...you never know, plus you'll get three daughters one day when the boys are all married! What a blessing to know what you knew through that blessing.