Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mr. Darcy is visiting!


I am not ill nor out of town. I have been reading, "Mr. Darcy's Diary." You will most likely not hear anything until I finish. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read however my family suffers dearly to neglect and so I try not to indulge myself. Not because I don't adore reading but because I really have no self control. I love my family and so I accept these imperfections and only every once in a while allow myself a great book.


Renee, a friend from high school, mentioned in her Christmas Letter that her favorite book was, "Mr. Darcy's Diary." Being the Pride and Prejudice maniac that I am, I went directly to the library to check it out. They did not have it. I looked on the net library (which would be best, then I could listen while I was more constructive), once again failed.


Where there is a will there is a way. I said fine if I can not borrow this book I will BUY it. Can you believe that Nikki, I spent money:)!?! Fortunately I found it for $5 and bought it. It only just arrived and oh I am in love once again. After I finish reading it I want to read "Pride and Prejudice" simultaneously with "Mr Darcy's Diary."


My dream vacation for David and I, when we are empty nesters is for us to go somewhere in the middle of Idaho's beautiful mountains. There he will fly fish the entire time while I read and read and read. There are days that I just crave it so that the thought just keeps me going. My carrot.


I would LOVE any comments on must read books. Thanks Renee for this recommendation! My family will forgive once I am finished:).

6 comments:

Janell said...

Thank you for the suggestion!! I am excited to have something new to add to the reading list!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go you big spender! I'm curious to hear how the book is. My "to read" list isn't quite as tall as me yet, so why not add one more!

chelle said...

I have not read this book so I will be interested to hear what you think. I love the classics and have stayed there. I am reading Little Women. It is wonderful. M

Jenn said...

I know exactly how you feel about the no self control thing, Dennis hates when I start a good book, too many late nights!

julie said...

Jenn- Well don't read "Mr. Darcy's Diary" it is a page turner. That is if you have read and loved "Pride and Prejudice?"

For the rest of you. This is my oppinion. It is good very good but there were a few (few) moments when I thought it was a bit hockey. I did not feel Mr. Darcy of all men would have written what the author wrote. Other than that prepare yourself for a good treat!

On the other hand I keep wondering where my Pemberly is? I have my Mr Darcy but Pemberyly has not been found yet. Bummer!

julie said...

Jenn- Well don't read "Mr. Darcy's Diary" it is a page turner. That is if you have read and loved "Pride and Prejudice?"

For everyone- This is my review. It is good, very good but there were a few (few) moments when I thought it was a bit hockey. I did not feel Mr. Darcy, of all men, would have written what the author wrote. Other than that prepare yourself for a good treat!

On the other hand I keep wondering where my Pemberly is? I have my Mr Darcy but Pemberyly has not been found yet. Bummer!