Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rough Starts Great Finish


We love to listen to John Bytheway. This is the title of one of the latest CDs that we listened to. It is about those that had great challenges that they overcame and through their challenges became great!

A few people he talked of were Joseph Smith, Helen Keller, Colonel Sanders (not his actual name but I don't know if you would recognize his actual name). There are many more. Did you know that Elder Boyd K Packer had pollio as a child and is a sculpturer (is that a word)?

Who do you know that had great challenges and overcame them with greatness?

One of my life goals is that I never become bitter, no matter what life hands me. That I turn Lemons into Lemonade. That I love more, give more, and lose myself in the Lord's service. If I can do these things I think I may finish great, no matter if no one knows who I am.

4 comments:

Jen-ben said...

Hey Julie, thanks for your comment! I love Mechelle...so I love you too. :) I loved that quote! Thanks!

Janell said...

Thanks for the tip - will have to check this one out!

Rachel said...

I took the second half of the Book of Mormon from him my freshman year, and it was one of the best classes I ever took!!

julie said...

Rachel- How envious I am. I bet he was an amazing professor. Was it hard to get into his class?