Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sickies


Bryce and I have been ill for a few days and it has not been real fun. I get serious head aches and neck aches when I am ill. It seems that is the place my body gets attacked when ill. Where is your achey spots?


Today one of Bryce's friends, Tate, came to visit. It was so nice to have a visitor after being housebound for three days. I have never had someone visit me when ill. Even in the hospital after giving birth, I did not have visitors. When I am ill, I always tell people not to come by so that they will not get ill.
Tate insisted that he was fine to visit and that he would not get sick. We gladly let him in. What a renewal to our spirits he was. He was a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. I never realized what a visitor can do to your spirits when ill. It helped us not only feel emotionally better but also physically.
I always think I have to have flowers or food to bring to someone sick. Now I think I have been wrong, sometimes the best medicine/gift is just a visit from a friend. Stay and sit and talk, that might be the best gift/medicine for someone suffering.




Funny how a 12 year can be so wise.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, no! I hope you didn't get sick from me!! When you guys came over I thought it just a little something in my throat, but the next day I was getting a fever. Even worse, Ned got it the day after and his fever lasted for 5days. We are still trying to get over it. I sure hope you have a speedier recovery!

chelle said...

My lungs are my weak spot. Even weaker since I got so sick last fall. Glad Tate came over. He is a good example to all of us. M

julie said...

Rachel- I don't think we got it from you guys. It just came on this week and it had been what over one and a half weeks since we have been there. No worries.

Mechelle- You and Grandpa. I hope you can built them back up.

Janell said...

love the photos!!! Hope you are feeling better!!!

Jenn said...

I hope you guys are feeling better! If we would have lived closer, we'd have definitely been at the hospital after the babies, but being the germiphobe I am...I probably wouldn't come over while you're sick ;) Isn't it great that I'm over compassionate service!? :) Hope you're better!!

julie said...

Frump: glad you enjoyed the photos. I thought the finger one was especially good!

Jenn: I usually am a germiphobe also, I guess that is why I was so touched by Tate's example.