Sunday, March 9, 2008

One of my passions!

Saturday night we had a fondue night at my cousin's house. Thank you Karen for sharing your home with us. I love fonduing! It is relaxing, yummy, and a wonderful way to interact. Food and good friends is the best combination.


We had two different cheese fondues which was a great way to determine favorites. I will post all the recipes on my Lets Talk Food site.

Then we got out our Raclette Grill, which is basically an indoor BBQ. We grilled marinade chicken, steak, and shrimp. We ate them with different sauces. I made a pesto cream cheese sauce and a balsamic vinegar and mustard sauce. I had good intentions to make a sweet onion sauce but ran out of time and energy.

Finally we had the grand finale of the chocolate fondues. UM UM good! I was ridiculous and made 4 different kinds. It was impossible to choose from so many so I narrowed it to the least possible. I made Almond joy, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate mint, and my favorite Caramel Chocolate (which happen to be the easiest too)

If you come to visit me, I will do a fondue night for you, upon request. It is a blast and so delish! I think I love it for its European flair and reminds me of my one of many loves, ITALY!

4 comments:

Janell said...

drooling over here ..... I want cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!! and in large quantities.

chelle said...

I have to leave a quick note here and then go to the kitchen and get some FOOD! All of a sudden I am huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuungry.

julie said...

Looks like for our FHE treats we will be eating Chocolate fondue for a month or two. Come eat with us! Just bring the pound cake for dipping!

Jenn said...

so fun! so living in utah isn't that bad, then!