Monday, June 23, 2008

If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear!



So the floods that took out 3/4 of the world's supply of corn, the wheat and rice crisis, and the gasoline prices are just beginning to put me into panic mode. I try to reassure myself that all is well in Zion but I still worry.

I have food storage but any guesses where it might be? Everyone now in unison, "STORAGE UNIT!" Not only is it in storage but in the very back of the storage unit. I have no idea how much is there since the last time I have inventoried was long long long before we ever moved here.

David moved to Utah two years ago this early fall. The first thing we brought down was food storage. I have no idea how much there is and if it is still good. Although I think it is, those #10 cans are almost indestructable.

Having lived in a two bed one bath apartment for a year I have not been very motivated to continue working on the food storage. Usually I am continually buying food to add to my food storage but when there is no room to put the food...

Recently, I have just bitten the bullet and started buying food storage. Putting the food in the bottom of closets, in the corner of rooms, under furniture, so forth. My next move is to go to the dry pack and wet pack cannery once a month each. I will have to store the food in our storage units.

It not ideal but I must prepare because this fear is killing me!


4 comments:

Janell said...

We have got to get on top of this as well!!! Yikes!

Heidi said...

I love this post -- especially the last line. I get pretty fearful too. Especially when I start thinking about all the things besides food I need to store -- like t.p. those monthly necessities etc.

Too bad I can't stock up on gas!

chelle said...

A little bit at a time adds up fast. The church just dropped their prices on powder milk and carrots! Those would be good to get right away. M

julie said...

So totally true! I guess instead of gas we can store tennis shoes! Now that is a new concept!