Thursday, June 19, 2008

LOVE Jane



I love Jane Eyre! I have seen many different versions and this is by far the best. I read the book in two days. My kids did not eat a decent meal and had free range of the house. They were half way wishing there was a Jane Eyre sequel!





I also love the Jane Austen books. My favorite is...OK how can you pick one! I love Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice was brilliant. Sense and Sensibility is so tender and Mansfield Park is so educational.



I hope in Heaven Jane is still writing and by the time I get there it will take centuries to catch up. Maybe Charlotte has written that sequel my kids were hoping for. Who are your favorite authors?

PS I know I am such a girl to love these books but I am what I am, why fight it?

5 comments:

Janell said...

William is a fan as well - so there!!! How fun is it that he'll watch the bbc p&p with me??? We are fans over here - I love to read!!

chelle said...

You Know I love these book also. Right now I am reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It is so well written that it is a pleasure to read, but the feeling of the book is dark so far and I am on page 362. Just half way through. I also love Charles Dickens. Great Expectations and David Copperfield. But Start with Great Expectations. It is shorter and easier to get into.

julie said...

Frump- No wonder you fell in LOVE with that man!!!

M- I will have to get Great Expectations. Thanks for the reminder recommendation!

Heidi said...

Hi Julie!

Great Blog! and I must say great books. Cord & I watch Masterpiece Theater every Sunday on PBS we watched the complete Jane Austen series and I love it. Cord liked some more than others -- did you see Cranford?

If you are looking for a good book I LOVE "These is my Words" by Nancy Turner

Jenn said...

diddo.