Monday, June 30, 2008

Cindy Q!

Not an actual picture of Cindy Q but it reminded me of my cute childhood friend!

Saturday we HAD to get out of the apartment and go. With dad gone, hot weather, and 500 square feet we needed a ROAD TRIP!!!

On my morning run, aka torture, I was trying to figure out something to go and do for the day. It hit me that our zoo membership was expiring on Monday (today) so it was our last chance to go see the SLC zoo. PERFECT!

While making our picnic lunch it occurred to me that at the zoo, I would be halfway to my best friend from my earliest memory house. I called her to see if we could stop by after our zoo visit. It was a go!

We had a great time at the zoo. I am not sure what was more interesting to the kids, the animals or the spray bottle of water to cool each other off. It was a good time.

Then we headed to my childhood best friend's house, Cindy Q. We spent the entire afternoon and evening there. We left once it got dark, not realizing it was so late, we had such a great time.
She, like me, has a household of boys. The kids had a great time, at least mine did, in a house full of boys things! Not to mention all the fun boys to play the boy toys with!

Cindy and I could have talked three days solid and not said everything we had to say. I can not remember the last time we saw each other, 4-6 years ago? Our families were so close that all the Qs are more like family than friends. It is always so wonderful to visit her.

Cindy has always been a spiritual giant. A true example of someone who is handed lemons and makes lemonade. If most of us had to face the challenges she has had to, most of us would shrink a way in fright. Yet she humbly turns to God and with Him by her side, she boldly faces her challenges. She gives me strength and courage just by watching her fearless example.

After dinner we went to a local frog pond to catch frogs. Such a perfect boy activity. Not only did they catch frogs but fish to boot! It was such fun. My only complaint is that the day flew by too quickly.

Thanks for the fun day Cindy. Let have another day like it in the not too far future! Know that you and your boys are in my prayers!

6 comments:

Redhoodoos said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. There is nothing quite like childhood friends!

Wonder Woman said...

What a great day. Catching up with old friends is the best. And not just ones you had 3 years ago, but from childhood/teeage years. Somehow having that common bond and shared history adds a lot to a friendship.

And it's fun that you both have boys. I'll bet when you were younger you never thought about you two sitting around with your kids and chatting. Funny how life happens.

Heidi said...

I so glad that it worked out for you to see your friend. Long lasting friendships take work with busy lives but it sounds like it's well worth it!

I love the frog catching my boys would LOVE that!

Janell said...

Good, happy days having fun with your kids and talking with friends are just SO AWESOME!!!!!

Jenn said...

How fun! the only person I really remember vividly playing with in pullman was laeena huffaker. I wonder what she's up to? Anyway, I'm so jealous David got to go to England! He really is traveling the world isn't he!? Ross is so cute, I loved his comment! I think you're sweet. Go Green!

Jen said...

Awww, I miss Hogle Zoo.
I took my dh there, I wanted to show him Shasta the stuffed Liger. He thought I was making her up, and that they didn't exist... mythical creatures and all... until he saw Napoleon Dynamite.
We couldn't find her anywhere, or the cat house for that matter and it was a HOT (read 101 degrees) day, so we gave up. I left very sad.
I'm glad your trip was a much happier one. I wish I had good friends like that here.