Monday, February 25, 2008

Bryce is the 'Post man' doing what he is 'Post' to!!!

The title is inspired by John Bytheway. If you want details ask one of either the two eldest of my children. They would happily fill you in. They LOVE John Bytheway and listen to anything they can get their hands on by him.


However, this "Post Man" refers to Bryce's basketball position that he played so devotedly. Couch Kevin told Bryce to go down to be at the bottom of the key and that is exactly what Bryce would do. Bryce's teammates would get the ball to him and he would turn and shoot.







Do any of you know how hard that shot is? It is outside the key and you have no backboard to bounce the ball into the basket from. In my, not so humble, opinion it is the most difficult basket on the court to make. Bryce was the master of this shot and made many more than he missed.





Not only was he a great offensive player but defense was his game! You had to feel a bit sorry for the boy Bryce guarded because he was on his man like dried egg whites. Those who Bryce would guard were rarely be able to do much offensively and I dare say were relieved when Bryce was sub-ed out of the game.







As my Coach from high school would say, "Offense would win the applause but defense would win the game." Great job Bryce!

3 comments:

chelle said...

Bryce you are the best. We love you. I know not much gets by you so I am not surprised to hear you do so well at defense. I love you. Will you show me some moves when you come to AZ? Auntie M

Jenn said...

I need to fill you guys in on a little experience from Dennis's basketball playing days in junior high...Dennis played post also and was so intense (not that I was there, but I can imagine) One kid had been fowled and had 2 shots, but Dennis only thought there was one. So, they were all up to the line waiting for the shot and the kid pump-faked, and Dennis lost his balance, but not wanting to award the kid another shot, did not catch himself and ended up falling flat on his face, just like a tree...Needless to say, the coach had to take him out of the game because the laughter was a little distracting. I love that that happened to Dennis. What a great guy, and he still loves basketball. I'm glad the boys are playing and that's really neat they get David for a coach, they have a great one!

julie said...

Aunite M- This is Bryce and I hope to see you soon!

Jenn-(This is Julie)Basketball runs through his blood I think. Considering, it is a good passion to have! I hope my boys have fun with it too. A boy thing.