Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pleasantly Surprised




It has been an adjustment for me to move to Utah. I am still adjusting and at times need to work on a better attitude. I did not realize how much pride I would have to swallow to accept the fact that I have joined the ranks of "Utah Mormon."

On Monday, January 28, I noticed that the flags were at half mast. I wondered why are the flags at half mast. Then I realized it was to show President Hinckley respect.

This was a first for me. I have never seen people fly the flag at half mast for the death of the prophet. How appropriate it was. I was grateful to live in a state that gives respect to a Man of God. Maybe these Mormons are not so bad:).

3 comments:

chelle said...

That is very cool. Lots of good things about Ut. M

Janell said...

Moves can be tough. Glad you are feeling a bit more settled. Talking to Karen once and hearing about how all of her older daughters friends would be waiting until 16 to date, dressing modestly, and following other Standards for the Youth, I remember thinking that would be a HUGE perk about living in Utah.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie! It's been ages. Congrats on your move. I can't believe our 20 year reunion is this summer! I'll write you more at yahoo. :-)