Sunday, February 24, 2008

Most Improved Player goes to: PIERCE WILSON!

Please note Pierce's nice clean shirt, I was so proud!














Basketball season is officially over. There is always a sigh of relieve at the end my kids' sports seasons but also a sigh of already?








It has been a few years since the boys played basketball. The season started out rocky. I don't think Pierce shot the ball once in his first game.








Game 2, I sat by my cousin Karen, who was there because her son was also playing a game. Her son played on the west court and Pierce played on the east. It was fun to talk to her and watch our kids play their hearts out.








I mentioned that my kids seemed to inherit my athletic disability and not ten minutes later Pierce made a basket. I had to take the comment back.

Every game he improved significantly. His last game he was not the same player compared to the first. He was capital HUSTLE! He boxed out, rebound, drove the ball down the court to the basket, ran after the ball, and made baskets right and left. Pierce had listened to Coach dad and worked his heart out.








I was so impressed. I think he earned the nickname Rudy. Great job Pierce, I am so impressed!

6 comments:

chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelle said...

Julie do you need to barrow some laundry soap? m

chelle said...

Pierce ~ You are the best. I love you so much for just being you. I hope you enjoyed basketball and learned some valuable lessons. You are so sweet and kind and I am lucky to have you in my family. Here is a big hug for you and my whole heart. M

julie said...

Mechelle- Pierce forgot to get his shirt in the laundry after his last game. I told him to put his red side of the jersey out and hopefully the other team would be white.

Well it worked and I was so relieved and then 15 minutes into the game a boy on the other team showed up without his jersey and wearing a red shirt. Guess what, our team had to become white. I was so thrilled!!!

Jenn said...

It's those great Wilson athletic genes...that I didn't inherit :) You have such good boys. I love them!

julie said...

Aunite M- I love you too, hope to see you soon, and thank you. Pierce

Jenn- I can relate!Julie