Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ross knows best


This evening I was kind of grouchy, no not me, impossible! I stayed up late last night for our first scuba diving class. Honestly, I do not go without sleep graciously!


To avoid making everyone miserable I put myself in time out. The difference between moms and kids is: Moms love time outs, kids don't!


After Pres. Hinckley's funeral there was a documentary on his life. His children talked about the comfort it was for them to know that their parents loved each other.

I was feeling like I just was nothing like those two extraordinary people and how I wish I were more like them. When David, being the tender kind man that he is, came in to check up on me.

I said in my sad grumpiness, "The kids don't know that I love you."

So David yells out, "Bryce who does mom love best?" Bryce says "You!"

Then David asks the same question to Pierce and he responds "You!"

Finally David asks Ross again the same question and Ross yells out "ME!!!" Somehow my grumpiness dissipated?

It made me happy that he feels I love him best. I hope Bryce and Pierce feel the same way and that it was just their maturity that made them answer differently.

I want all my kids to feel like they were the favorite and best loved. One of my running partners in Idaho told me about her dad. She had always thought that she was his favorite. Until later in life when she discovered that all 11 of her siblings felt the same way! Now that man was and is one heck of a father!

Ross told me that he is going to marry me when he grows up. I asked him, "What about dad?" He responded, "He will be dead by then."
Odd thing, David did not think this was very funny! I just reminded him that I am just guessing that by the time puberty hits Ross might change his mind!

3 comments:

chelle said...

Wow, Ross is so smart!Hope he picks as well as David did. M

Anonymous said...

I loved your story about who do I love the most. It touched me and I am going to use this on my boys when we go on our cruise. I want them to know that I love them equally and they need to share the same love between themselves. Thanks for sharing. Adson..

julie said...

Thank you for such a high compliment. I too hope my whole family will have this love for each other and all.