Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Mechelle and Jim!!!

Today is Mechelle and Jim's birthday. They share birthdays just like my Aunt Carol and Uncle Harold. The funny thing is that their birthdays are the only birthdays I can remember of all my aunt's and uncle's. I guess there are some advantages to sharing birthdays?



Mechelle is the best big sister and I have always been grateful for her. She has the most thoughtful insights and is wise beyond years. Whatever she puts her mind to she does. An example of this would be that she is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and has ran many marathons.



Spiritually, she is a giant. A person who thinks of others before herself. One of her greatest attributes is that she makes lemonade out of lemons and she learns from every recipe. Her trials have taught her charity and compassion for all. She has not turned inward nor bitter as some do.



I am 6 years younger than Mechelle and when she was in middle school I was in elementary. One day after school I was walking/running to brownies with all my brownie friends. I tripped and fell flat on my face. It hurt but I did not want to cry. So I picked myself up and with all the bravary that a heart of a 1st grader could possess I picked myself up and walked on down the street.



A few blocks later I came upon Mechelle and two of her friends. As soon as I recognized her I went running into her outstretched arms and let out all the bottled pain. She comforted me, kissed my boo boos, and sent me on my way. I was strong again after being healed by her love.



I marvel as I have looked back on that incident. I have been a 7th grader and know that comforting, caressing, and kissing a child/little siblings was not what a 7th grader would call cool. She did not brush me a way nor try to act the cool 12 year old. It is a tender memory and a tribute to Mechelle and the character she is.



Thank you for everything you have done for me and for being the best big sister ever! I am a far better person because of you.
PS Jim is a great guy too and I LOVE his adjustments! My back always feels so much better when he is around.

3 comments:

Janell said...

That is gorgeous! Happy Birthday Mechelle! I love how sisterly you two are to each other and all the love there is between you. Very love-ly!!

chelle said...

You are so Sweet! I agree with Janell ~ I am lucky to have such a sweet sister. LOVE YOU TONZ JULIE, M

julie said...

It started with you M. If you had been a big bully of sister we might not have been so close. Remember Stupy and Harold?