Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ross was offended!

It was such a beautiful sunny day that Ross and I decided we needed to have a picnic at the park. Which meant we packed a lunch that I ate while he played. I can't figure out why all my pants are shrinking?

Although it was a sunny day, the wind and temperatures made it rather chilly. There were not many people at the park to play with. I was elected playmate of choice until a two year old showed up. Then Ross dumped me for someone half his size. Since I was hungry I did not complain.

After a bite to eat, I went back to see if I would emerge in popularity to hear a sweet little two year old voice say, "...that little boy..." I arrived only moments afterwards and Ross turned to me and with complete indignation said, "That boy called me little!!!"

I laughed out loud. I could not help myself. All I accomplished was to add insult to injury. Ross said, "Its NOT funny!!!" I assured him it was not (to him anyway) and that his friend probably only thought that Ross was little in comparison to his own dad.

Other friends arrived and the offense was quickly forgotten. As I was telling the family of the incident I realized that this would be like someone say 15-20 years older than me calling me old. It helped put things into perspective but I still think it is hilarious.

Thanks for the laugh Ross!

4 comments:

Janell said...

very cute!

chelle said...

He is the best. I will let anyone call me Little!M

julie said...

I told Ross to give me a mad face, this is what he came up with. Quite the actor, wouldn't you say?

Jenn said...

I love the picture, for some reason reminds me of a Jared look.