Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Valentine's Day Tradition




I love how traditions slowly evolve. This is a newer but very fun tradition for all involved except David did not appreciate the picture bit (LOVE ya Babe:))!

Papa Murphy does a heart shape Pepperoni Pizza that I could easily make but choose not since it is well worth $6.00 of a night off from cooking. Well it may cost us more than $6.00 since we buy those horrible bread sticks that are more butter than bread!

I make gourmet salads for David and me. We serve fresh fruit and vegetables so I can feel as though my kids will get some nutrition. We light candles for our romantic candlelight dinner for 5 and serve sparkling cider.

We had so much fun talking to the kids about their Valentine's Day school parties and really enjoyed our dinner of "LOVE."

One activity that Bryce had was fortune telling. They were all asked different questions and asked to put their response on each other's papers.

If I remember right Bryce will get married at 27 years olds (I like this fortune), his friend Jeremy will not get married until he is 90. Bryce will wash cars for a living (maybe Holden will hire him, see Mechelle's blog for background info) and his pet will be an ant. I think he will live in Hawaii. There was more but this is all I can remember.

It was a good time and we had lots of laughs. It made my Valentine's Day special.

PS The picture is a crying shame. As mentioned previous, I was lucky to get this one at all. Better than nothing, right? Mechelle, I am so embarrassed!

3 comments:

Janell said...

Hey, I am seriously lucky to get bodies in the frame when I take pictures, let alone eyes open and faces looking at me, so no shame here!!

chelle said...

You got the photo. That is much more then I did for Valentines Day. I could only get a couple of Corbin on Valentines day. Don't be embarrassed. M

Kersten said...

Julie,
I LOVE your blog! I hadn't gotten around to checking it out, but it is so good to hear what you are doing! We miss you . Your boys are so handsome! I can't believe how much they are growing. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. You reminded me I forgot to make heart pizza for valentines. Darn! Oh well, maybe next year....